It’s a new year, and time for resolutions in 2018! Here are the top ten reasons why DANCE should be included in your 2018 New Year Resolutions:
- Is losing weight on your list of resolutions? Dance! A study in the Journal of Physiological Anthropology found that an exercise program of dance training is just as helpful for losing weight and increasing aerobic power as cycling and jogging.
- Looking to be more social, and make some friends this year? Dancing is a great way to meet new friends!
- Dancing improves coordination, agility, balance, spatial awareness, and flexibility.
- According to a study in The New England Journal of Medicine, dancing may boost your memory and prevent you from developing dementia as you get older.
- Dance is a great stress reliever! When you dance, your brain releases endorphins and you feel less stressed.
- The health benefits of dance are endless! Improved condition of your heart and lungs; improved muscle tone and strength; stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis… the list goes on and on!
- Dance is a fun activity for everyone – from children to senior citizens!
- It’s affordable! Once a week classes costs around $65 a month (skip one night out a month and dance every week instead!)
- Dancing can improve your muscle tone, strength, endurance, and fitness.
- Taking part in dance classes has been proven to build greater self-confidence and self-esteem.
Register for a dance class today! Your first class is free, and we offer classes for all ages, abilities, and dance forms. You can also call our admin office at 970-472-4156 for more information and to register over the phone. See you on the dance floor!