Canyon Concert Ballet offers four diverse programs for dancers who are looking to expand their experiences and prepare for a professional role in dance after high school. You can learn all about them here.
- Youth Ensemble
- Professional Training Program
- Ambassador Program
We will be featuring each of these four programs to detail what they are, who they are best for, and how to join. Today’s feature is Professional Training Program or PTP!
Professional Training Program (PTP)
This program is for you if:
- You have the curiosity and desire to become a professional dancer and expand your training.
- Want to gain clarity of what you wish the role of dance to be in your life.
- Want to make dance a priority.
- Wish to get mentorship for your training.
- Want to gain confidence on and off stage.
What is PTP?
Is an after-school program for dancers ballet level 5 and up with the potential and desire to become professional dancers to expand their training. The program is designed to offer the dancer with extensive training, mentorship and performing experiences that will prepare them for the professional world. Acceptance to the program is via an application and interview process with the School Director and Student Coordinator. For application please visit the website.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Must be in ballet 5 level or higher.
- Must register for all the required classes. All PTP students will be at the unlimited tuition rate of $350. For class requirements please visit CCB website.
- The dancer must maintain 80% attendance or better throughout the year.
- Must audition for at least one CCB Production.
- Behave in a professional manner at CCB and CCB events.
- Maintain a clean and appropriate social media presence if they have one.
- The dancer must have their own email address. Parents or legal guardians will always be cc’d on email but ambassadors are responsible for having timely communication with the student coordinator.
- Must participate in the PTP Spring Performance. This is not the same at CCB’s Spring Show or Showcase.
- Meeting with the Student Development Coordinator twice a semester for check-ins and goal consult.
- Sit downs with the dancer’s faculty once per semester for assessments.
- Assistance with resume building and college/summer program applications.
- 10% off studio rentals for audition needs.
- PTP students get their own performance at a theatre in the spring.
- Healthy dancer seminars once per semester.
- $25 non-refundable application fee.
- $350 Unlimited Monthly Tuition.
- $15 monthly administration fee.
- $350 for solo & duet or group choreography for PTP Spring Performance. Each dancer will get to perform a solo and get casted in a duet or group dance.
- The dancer may wish to purchase a costume for their solo or rent one from the CCB costume shop for $40 per costume.