It’s a new year, and time for resolutions in 2018! Here are the top ten reasons why DANCE should be included in your 2018 New Year Resolutions:
- Is losing weight on your list of resolutions? Dance! A study in the Journal of Physiological Anthropology found that an exercise program of dance training is just as helpful for losing weight and increasing aerobic power as cycling and jogging.
- Looking to be more social, and make some friends this year? Dancing is a great way to meet new friends!
- Dancing improves coordination, agility, balance, spatial awareness, and flexibility.
- According to a study in The New England Journal of Medicine, dancing may boost your memory and prevent you from developing dementia as you get older.
- Dance is a great stress reliever! When you dance, your brain releases endorphins and you feel less stressed.
- The health benefits of dance are endless! Improved condition of your heart and lungs; improved muscle tone and strength; stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis… the list goes on and on!
- Dance is a fun activity for everyone – from children to senior citizens!
- It’s affordable! Once a week classes costs around $65 a month (skip one night out a month and dance every week instead!)
- Dancing can improve your muscle tone, strength, endurance, and fitness.
- Taking part in dance classes has been proven to build greater self-confidence and self-esteem.
Register for a dance class today! Your first class is free, and we offer classes for all ages, abilities, and dance forms. You can also call our admin office at 970-472-4156 for more information and to register over the phone. See you on the dance floor!
While several classes are full, we do still have room for new students for the 2017 school year. You may see the full schedule in PDF form below. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
Already registered? Click here to pay tuition online and view a personalized class schedule.