Canyon Concert Ballet offers four diverse programs for dancers who are looking to expand their experiences and prepare for a professional role in dance after high school. You can learn all about them here.
- Youth Ensemble
- Professional Training Program
- Ambassador Program
We will be featuring each of these four programs to detail what they are, who they are best for, and how to join. Today’s feature is CCB2!
Mark your calendars and prepare for the CCB2 auditions for our 2021-22 Season. May 8 from 12:30pm – 2:30pm at CCB (1031 Conifer Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524).
CCB2 Auditions (ages 15 – 18)
12:30 – 1:30: Ballet Technique & Pointe
1:40 -2:30: Contemporary
This program is for you if:
- You wish to pursue a professional dance career in the ballet or contemporary fields.
- Want the experience of being in a ballet company.
- Want a robust dance training schedule.
- Need assistance in resume building and auditions.
What is CCB2?
CCB2 is a training company for highly skilled dancers generally ages 15-18, who are showing a dedication to their training and are interested in a career in dance either as a teacher, dancer or choreographer. CCB2 is considered a preparatory company for CCB’s main company. Acceptance to the program is by audition only. For audition dates please visit the website.
Who is eligible to audition for CCB2?
CCB dancers ages 15-18 who are in ballet level 7 or 8, PLUS all non-CCB dancers ages 15-18 with a minimum of 5 years of training and 2 years of pointe are eligible to audition. Dancers are admitted through the audition process or at the invitation of the Artistic Director.
- The minimum requirement for CCB2 dancers is 6 classes per week at CCB, with a minimum of 3 of those classes being ballet. At least 1 pointe class is required for all dancers desiring a pointe role. Dancers desiring a professional career in dance should be dancing 3-5 hours a day, 6 days a week.
- CCB2 dancers must audition for the Fall Ballet and Beer, Nutcracker and the Spring Ballet.
- Excellent class attendance.
- General rehearsal schedule is Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 7:30-9:15pm and Saturday 11:30am-5pm.
· No more than 2 pre-approved excused absences for rehearsals per show and 2 non-planned excused absences (no back to back Saturdays)
*If a dancer wishes to do a specific technical concentration (ballet or contemporary) they must meet with the Artistic Director in building their class schedule.
- Reduced unlimited tuition of $300 a month.
- Women: 2 pairs of pointe shoes per year/ Men: tights and shoes each performance
- 2 complimentary tickets per show.
- Performance fees waived.
- Free rental space for approved projects/ choreography and teaching opportunities.
- Resume and audition building session.