At Canyon Concert Ballet we have something for everyone who is interested in putting in some volunteer hours. From stage hand work, to sewing costumes or carpentry work, we can keep our friends and families busy!
The following list is a sampling of some activities we often seek volunteers for:
- sewing/costume repair and alterations
- costume washer
- transporting heavy set pieces/pickup truck drivers or providers
- light carpentry work
- wall painting
- studio repairs, wall patching, removing carpet stains, replacing flourescent lightbulbs
- stuffing envelopes, affixing labels
- runner during productions
- backstage monitors – help children get ready to go on stage
- teach mini-workshops to parents in “Bun Trixx”
- stage hands
- ushers/ticket-takers at special events
- ballet boutique sellers and helpers
- servers during Nutcracker tea parties and other fundraisers
- homemade cookies/goodies baked for events
- provide cases of drinking water for dancers during productions
- Street Team members who distribute posters around the region
- ad sales to local businesses
If you don’t see your skills or talents represented above – call us!! We might have just the thing for YOU!!
If you’re interested in volunteering with Canyon Concert Ballet, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Jamelyn Peterson, or inquire in the office next time you are at the studio.
Track your volunteer hours by filling out this form. Thank you!
Tuition policy for in-kind trade and volunteers:
Volunteers who give 10 or more hours of their time each month qualify for a tuition discount! Hours must be recorded by the end of each month to qualify for the discount the following month. Late or unrecorded hours will not be counted. 10 hours volunteered in a month will result in 10% off tuition the following month, 20 hours receives 20%, and so on. This discount caps at 50%, so any hours volunteered over 50 in a month are not counted towards this policy. All regular fees still apply and are not discounted (registration, costume fees, etc).
In-kind trade for services is a dollar for dollar discount for tuition. Please reach out to our executive director at email@example.com to see if your services are needed and will qualify for a tuition trade. Thank you!