The Youth Ensemble at CCB is designed for the dedicated dancer who desires performance opportunities beyond the annual Spring Concert and our holiday performance of The Nutcracker. Dancers may choose to incorporate modern, lyrical, jazz and musical theater dance forms into their dance education and may also be offered the opportunity to perform at community events throughout the year. Our dancers exhibit gracious professionalism at all times and we are strongly committed to age-appropriate music, costuming, and choreography.
Youth Ensemble Audition Information
Auditions are on Saturday, August 25th from 10am-2:55pm. This year we have scheduled the dancers based on their Fall ballet level. Please see the schedule below for when your dancer will be needed! The schedule has taken into consideration Nutcracker Auditions for your convenience.
Ballet Level 3
Warm-up: 10:00 – 10:30am
Jazz: 10:30– 10:50am
Ballet Level 4
Warm-up: 11:00 – 11:30am
Jazz/Contemporary: 11:30– 12:00pm
Ballet Level 5
Warm-up: 12:00 – 12:30pm
Jazz/Contemporary: 12:30– 1:00pm
Solo Auditions: 1:00-1:30pm
Ballet Level 6+
Solo Auditions: 2:20-2:55pm
- There will be a $10 fee to audition!
- Audition Forms are available here.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to audition to make sure dancers are ready, all forms are correctly filled out and fees are paid.
- Dancers should be prepared to dance in ballet, jazz, and lyrical/contemporary.
- Please bring ballet shoes, jazz shoes and/or lyrical shoes.
- Wear tights and a leotard and have hair pulled back neatly in a bun. Shorts can be worn during the Jazz/Contemporary portions of the audition.
- Please indicate on the Audition Sheet if your dancer wants to be considered for a solo/duet/trio. All levels can register to be considered for duets/trios. Please note only level 5+ dancers can audition for solos.
- For Level 5+ dancers wanting to be considered for solos: Please prepare a short 20-30 second dance and bring your music.
We will have the full handbook available on August 25! Our goal for this season is that Youth Ensemble will compete in at least two Denver competitions, with one including a convention, and will be involved in monthly community performance opportunities.